Saturday, December 8, 2007

Flying Panchganj / Panchgani...



It took me more than an hour, to clean off the ancient red colored earth dust from my paraglider with a high tech microfiber cloth.

The dust was from last saturday (8thDec07), flying in Panchgani, 110 km south of Puna.
I got stranded 2 times down on the landing zone, where holy cows have been waiting for me, unable to top land on launch area again. It is a good thing, that I always can blame the small size of my glider for it, cause it can't be the pilot ;-)


So far, every time I was paragliding and start unpacking, some people / local pilots form a small circle around me, so that they can see all the toys I am unpacking:



1. At first, my reversible backpack / harness, the KAIRN with SaK Airbag option by Kortel-Design. The bag itself containing all my equipment is so small, that before I start unpacking, nobody would seriously think that I came for flying. Reversing it from the backpack into the harness mode creates already enough attention to close the circle.







2. My reserve, a Skylite size L manufactured by Sky paragliders. If they see it, everybody starts smiling. It is small. I like it - and they like it too.




3. My paraglider, the Nova Ibex 15. I was not sure about to go with this glider, because I was concerned about flying with such a "small" wing. Well, besides that I sometimes misuse the glider as an excuse that I did not stay up in the air and landed down, it was a really good decision do go with it. So far, I enjoy it: It is small and fast so that I can soar almost around others, feeling speed almost with double speed - it's just fun... besides that, it is sometimes to small to stay up in the air, and I am sure it is due to the small size of the glider and not because of the pilot ;-)















4. Finally, when my Samsung helmet camera is attached and I start my GPS data logger to get ready for take off, I just look as much "out of space" as an high tech astronaut would look like if stranded in a desert. They might have a good laugh when they see the astronaut landing "down" on the moon, down on the landing zone - while they stay up in the sky flying and smiling... well, it is because of the glider size, it is so small ;-)



















They start questioning me, what glider it is, which harness, if the small thing is a rescue parachute and, they smile while side-nodding their head.
I like it, even if I sometimes really feel like "out of space" like an astronaut - well, I am used to it, as I always felt "out of space" :-)











It doesn't matter anyway to feel "out of space".
Why?
Well, taking pictures of big size posters promising a "3 star amenities" hotel is... - well, whatever you want to think it is: boring, improper, destiny,... whatever.

You don't mind, cause you always staying 5 star rated anyway?
Thats cool, you are really over it.
It is great not to mind at all about... aehhhh, about what?
Whats the point?
Well, not to mind being "out of space"!
Thats it.

Or do you still feel, deeply feel it, affected, by taking pictures of bamboo huts?
Good, thats cool too, go ahead, it's up to you.
You can claim as well that others at least should feel a little bit affected, or well, should at least pretend.
It makes world a so much better place...

...bringing both worlds together, in maximum minimized digital contrast diversity with multiple condition fuzzy logic, in India.



















I am landed, I am not out of space, I am middle in it... but I am sure, I am100% sure, that the one walking naked on the street is out of space, he might not know or feel it that way, but I am sure he is out of space...



No comments: